Sunday, May 3, 2009

Calgary Farmer's Market

This last week has been pretty rough... just as the sun started to show itself and the temperatures get a lot more spring like, my body decided that it was time to suffer a terrible cold/flu. I have been SO eager to enjoy my new freedom working from home, but instead i've been lying in bed with a box of kleenex and advil close by. I'm starting to feel a bit more like a regular person again... so first thing this morning Mike and I headed out to the Calgary Farmer's Market! Last Spring/Summer this was one of our favorite things to do on a sunny day, and now that we have a car again it looks like it might become our Sunday morning routine!

Our goal this summer is to eat a lot more organic/preservative free food. It's great to know that everything that we bought today supports local farmers/businesses. We are also trying to take ourselves away from the dining out scene as well, as we used to go out to eat a ton. Not to say that we are going to cut it out completely :) We love good food and wine too much to cut it out of our lives.

This is what Mike and I made for lunch today with our market findings...


Mike's Turkey sandwich on sourdough with sylvan star cheddar



Delish! Pickled Beets with goat feta, Chickpea salad, and my favorite - jalapeno and cilantro hummus on naan bread. All of the salad's we bought prepared from "Irena's brand."

I would LOVE to know if anyone could share a good chickpea/bean/couscous salad recipe? I would love to make them on my own :)

2 comments:

  1. ARGH! I'm sooooo hungry! I want to go to a market and buy FRESH stuff- no more soggy old food! Mmmmmm! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your blog and thought it was worth asking. What are the best Farmer's Markets in Calgary? I have a couple a really fabulous food products and would love to know what are 'the' markets in Calgary. I'd really appreciate hearing back, with your opinion. I sure hope you are feeling better! Could you email me back with you favorites? bellacini@yahoo.ca -Thanks for taking the time.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs you should read!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP