Monday, August 9, 2010

Life is Crazy right now...



Mike and I just got back from another visit to Calgary. This one was only a week, which was just perfect! I'm excited AND dreading the amount of images that I have saved on my computer right now from our last 4 photo sessions, there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of images to edit. During a full wedding day Mike and I will take close to 3000 photos!! Yes, we are indeed a bit snap happy. I love being able to capture the exact right moment with digital. And I would be lying if I said I wasn't obsessed about the feeling of the shutter rapidly firing with the touch of my finger during those magical moments.

A lot of people think that being a photographer is just so simple, fun and easy - because really you only have to work a few days a week, but my goodness it is so not the truth. I will spend about 15 hours on each project after the wedding day is finished, and I am happy to report that I have cut this amount of time down from about 30 hours. I was playing doctor a lot then trying to to fix up imperfect photos, but time and hands on experience has taught me an incredible amount - cutting this time down a lot. Now if only I could learn to keep my camera STRAIGHT! (My biggest weakness in photography -I will admit.) I am totally in love with this business, but I would love some time for me again!!
I have to go get those images together and make some blog posts!!

And just for fun...
a photo of me and our favorite wedding DJ at Anita and Robs wedding
[DJ Mekanix]...


Thanks for stopping in.
~Ash

5 comments:

  1. Your boobs are like woah, baby. Just stating the obvious. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography even if it is crooked (which I've never noticed!) You are fantastic Ashley, I have been able to watch how much you guys have grown since our little wedding (not so little) You guys are truly gifted.

    Have a happy week! (spend some time at the beach for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley! I hear you...the amount of work I have is so teeny compared to you guys, but I am quickly learning how I could actually tire of the whole process...not really, but kind of! You guys are absolutely brilliant at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks K - it's a little something called a fabulous bra from La senza...

    Dominique and Megan, I like you you both - alot. Thanks for the comments! I appreciate the encouragement! Megs, your photos are very creative! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Photograph is wonderful.I like this post.Thank you for bringing such nice posts.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs you should read!

  • ノンアダルトライブチャットで稼ぐためには工夫が必要! - ライブチャットには、アダルト禁止のノンアダルトもあります。アダルトライブチャットは、脱ぐ行為で比較的簡単に視聴者を集めることができます。しかし、ノンアダルトでは、脱ぐ行為などが禁止なので稼ぐために工夫が必要です。 そこで […] The post ノンアダルトライブチャットで稼ぐためには工夫が必要! fi...
    2 weeks ago
  • Simone turns 18…. - He gets his romantic streak from his father…
    2 years ago
  • Reflections - Letters. We learn them when we are small. Each individually, usually in the order of the alphabet in the form of a song. As we grow we begin to seethem, a...
    9 years ago
  • C.H.A.N.G.E.S. - Hello to all my ever-so-faithful followers, friends and family. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me and for encouraging me to keep on writing, ev...
    13 years ago
  • - This will be a quick one, but an update none the less, so I'm proud of myself. But, this being said, it's going to feel a little disconnected. Forgive me. ...
    13 years ago
  • http://spark.chelseamartens.com/ - It has begun... a few years from now I'll have my design degree and be making the world more beautiful place. FOLLOW ME ON THE ABOVE SITE!!!!
    13 years ago

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP